Over 500 open beautiful gardens and best places to visit near me this weekend and things to do on your days out with the family in England, Scotland and Wales.
February 2024 - Welcome to Britain in WINTER - visit some of the most amazing gardens and arboretums near me and you - a wonderful time to get out and about or even take a break. We are now starting to see beautiful displays of Snowdrops across Britain together with early Daffodils.
Many of the properties have created special WINTER GARDENS to find one near you click here.
For SNOWDROP GARDENS NEAR ME AND YOU CLICK HERE
February is also a great time to look forward to your garden holidays for 2024 so why not order a Garden Holiday Brochure - just click here.
We also feature recommended hotels near to the gardens and have teamed up with Hideaway Cottages in Cornwall to find the perfect break.
On our gardens guide you can find:-
• Open Gardens to visit near me and you
• Beautiful Places to visit for you and your family, places to take mum.
• Days out and things to do near me and you
• Ideas for day trips with the children.
• Flower gardens
• Woodland Walks
• Historic Houses and Castles with gardens
• Places for School trips
• Nature trails for kids
• Wildlife Gardens
• Gardens and places to visit during School Holidays
• Find Gardens the best and most beautiful gardens near me and you to visit. You can find them by using our town or postcode search.
• You can also find gardens by category, such as Autumn colours, Roses, Rhododendron Gardens etc.
• You can also keep up to date by visiting our Facebook and Instagram pages with up to the moment images and comments.
• We also include many comfortable places to stay nearby.
• Use our map search so that you can plan your journey
• Many of the garden attractions have events throughout the school holidays for children including The National Trust.
Our guide attracts visitors from all over the world - we know that because we often receive feedback. We started the guide as a hobby in 2002, as at that time there were few resources on the internet to help people plan their visits. The first region we covered was Cornwall and by the time 12 months elapsed more than 200 gardens had applied to join. Over the last year we have had around 1 million viewers from almost every continent on the world, with 6 million page views. As a result we have generated significant income for our members. With over 500 gardens on our guide and more applying to join we should maintain our place as a leading resource for garden lovers.
What are the top ten most famous and beautiful gardens and places in the British Isles?
This is a difficult question but here are ten of the Nation's favourites in no particular order.
• Sissinghurst, a garden made famous by Vita Sackville West.
• Great Dixter, planted creatively and unconventionally by Christopher Lloyd.
• Hidcote Manor Garden, an Arts and Crafts gem by the great horticulturist Major Lawrence Johnston.
• The Lost Gardens of Heligan a great garden restoration by Tim Smit.
• Bodnant Gardens in Wales created by Henry Pochin and now managed by the National Trust.
• Kew Gardens on the outskirts of London one of the finest Botanical gardens in the world.
• Inverewe Gardens on the West Coast of Scotland created a lochside amid a barren wilderness.
• Levens Hall in the Lake District with its world famous topiary gardens.
• Stourhead is considered to be the finest landscape Garden in Britain.
• Kiftsgate Cout Gardens - A beautiful romantic garden in the Cotswolds.
GARDEN HOLIDAYS - If you would like us to plan your itinerary for you we have a wide range of guided holidays in England, Scotland and Wales all at very reasonable prices. We also have a range of tours throughout the world so why not request one of our free brochures. It does not matter where you live as there are departure points throughout the UK. Many visitors from overseas take advantage of the tours.
Click here for 2024 Garden Holiday Brochure
We are now smart-phone friendly so that you can plan your gardens to visit wherever you are.
We thank you for your support over the years.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT ASSOCIATED IN ANY WAY WITH AN ORGANISATION WHICH CALLS ITSELF THE GREAT BRITISH GARDENS FESTIVAL