May 1 - This is the month to see beautiful displays of tulips and rhododendrons as well as Bluebells. With our guide you can find a garden or gardens near me and you.
Most gardens have now opened and you can travel further afield to see them.
Please note that you will still have to book ahead to visit many of the gardens.
Our new Garden Holiday Brochure is now available with a fantastic range of tours for later on in 2021.
Order your garden holiday Brochure now.
Find Gardens the best and most beautiful gardens near me and you to visit. You can find them by using our town or postcode search. You can also find gardens by category, such as Autumn colours, Rhododendron Gardens etc. You can also keep up to date by visiting our Facebook and Instagram pages with up to the moment images and comments.
We feature gardens to visit in England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland. We also include many comfortable places to stay nearby. Use the index on the left for regional maps so that you can plan your journey. Or just search for Gardens near me. Many of our regulars also use our guide to find historical houses, castles and gardens whilst others are just searching for a great day out. Families also use our guide to find places to take their toddlers or kids, so if you have a 2 or 3 year old, or for that matter any age we have a selection of interesting places with fun things to do with kids.
Many of the garden attractions have events throughout the school holidays fo children including The National Trust.
If you enjoy our guide please share with your friends
Our guide attracts visitors from all over the world - we know that because we often receive feedback. We started the guide as a hobby in 2002, as at that time there were few resources on the internet to help people plan their visits. The first region we covered was Cornwall and by the time 12 months elapsed more than 200 gardens had applied to join. Over the last year we have had around 1 million viewers from almost every continent on the world, with 6 million page views. As a result we have generated significant income for our members. With over 500 gardens on our guide and more applying to join we should maintain our place as a leading resource for garden lovers.
What are the top ten most famous and beautiful gardens in the British Isles?
- Sissinghurst, a garden made famous by Vita Sackville West.
- Great Dixter, planted creatively and unconventionally by Christopher Lloyd.
- Hidcote Manor Garden, an Arts and Crafts gem by the great horticulturist Major Lawrence Johnston.
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan a great garden restoration by Tim Smit.
- Bodnant Gardens in Wales created by Henry Pochin and now managed by the National Trust.
- Kew Gardens on the outskirts of London one of the finest Botanical gardens in the world.
- Inverewe Gardens on the West Coast of Scotland created a lochside amid a barren wilderness.
- Levens Hall in the Lake District with its world famous topiary gardens.
- Stourhead is considered to be the finest landscape Garden in Britain.
- Kiftsgate Cout Gardens - A beautiful romantic garden in the Cotswolds.
GARDEN HOLIDAYS - If you would like us to plan your itinerary for you we have a wide range of guided holidays in England, Scotland and Wales all at very reasonable prices. We also have a range of tours throughout the world so why not request one of our free brochures. It does not matter where you live as there are departure points throughout the UK. Many visitors from overseas take advantage of the tours.
Click here for 2021 Garden Holiday Brochure
We are now smart-phone friendly so that you can plan your gardens to visit wherever you are.
We thank you for your support over the years.