Brockhole Garden and visitor centre
Brockhole has 30 acres of gardens and grounds, designed by Thomas Mawson 1898.
Brockhole Garden and Vistor Centre.
Formal Edwardian. Terraced garden with clipped box and yew hedges.
• Spring bulbs, rhododendrons and azaleas, magnolias and camellias
• Herbaceous and mixed borders
• Old fashioned and shrub roses
• Wildflower meadow
• Kitchen garden with fruit, vegetables, herbs and cut flowers. The acid soils and unusually mild microclimate mean that Brockhole gardens are the place to see unusual plants such as Eucryphias, Desontaniea (Chilean Holly), Cupressus cashmeriana (Kashmir cypress, Crinodendron hookerianum (Chilean lantern tree) and many more.
- Telephone: 015394 46601
- Street: Lake District Visitor Centre
- Postcode: LA23 1LJ
- City: Windermere
- County: Cumbria
- Country: United Kingdom
HOTELS AND PLACES TO STAY NEAR TO GARDEN
If you want to take a break, why not stay in one of our recommended hotels. Each hotel has genuine guest reviews enabling you to book from anywhere in the world in total confidence. Hotels near Brockhole - click here.