Avebury Manor and Gardens
Parts of Avebury Manor may date back to the 12th century.
HISTORY The Garden at Avebury Manor was completely redesigned in the early 20th century by the Jenner family and form a good backdrop to the property.
What to see?
- Medieval walls surround a series of garden rooms containing raised walks, flower gardens, rose garden and an orchard.
- Some of the hedges are very old and there is a good display of topiary. It is a very romantic place and when we visited the birds were singing their hearts out.
- A new kitchen garden has recently been developed and planted.
- During September there is a magnificent display of late summer flowers in the walled garden.
- Try to visit when the charming Manor House is open. The rooms decorated and furnished as they would have been throughout the years.
- See the historic ancient standing stones, a wonder of the British Isles.
House and Gardens - Opening Times 2021 - see latest information by visiting website. Partial disabled access. Restaurant nearby. Shop.
FREEE - Visit this National Trust Property and hundreds of others for free by becoming a member - click here
- Telephone: 01672 539250
- Street: Avebury Manor
- Postcode: SN8 1RF
- City: Marlborough
- County: Wiltshire
- Country: United Kingdom
HOTELS AND PLACES TO STAY NEAR TO GARDEN
If you want to find places to stay near Avebury Manor and Gardens, why not stay in one of our recommended hotels. Each hotel has genuine guest reviews enabling you to book from anywhere in the world in total confidence. Avebury Hotels - click here.