Aberglasney Gardens, near Llangathen
Aberglasney was made famous by the BBC television series ‘A Garden Lost in Time’ which followed its restoration.
Aberglasney is one of Wales' finest gardens, and at its heart lies a fully restored Elizabethan Cloister Garden that is the only surviving example of its kind in the UK today. Beyond this, visitors can explore 10 acres of over 20 different garden styles from formal to woodland, right through to exotic and modern.
What to See
• Two beautiful walled gardens: the lower is a Kitchen Garden and the upper is a formal cruciform-layout garden designed by Penelope Hobhouse.
• The Ninfarium: an award-winning indoor garden found within the ruined interior walls of the mansion. It's home to a large collection of tropical and exotic plants including examples from Aberglasney's collection of rare and unusual orchids.
• The Stream Garden and Pigeon House Woods: they become a mass of colours in spring and summer and are especially glorious when the bluebells arrive in April.
• The Asiatic Garden: where visitors can find a collection of plants that originate from various parts of Asia and provide beautiful blossoms in spring and glorious autumn colour.
• The Sunken Garden: a water feature designed by William Pye lies at its centre. This garden bursts into life from spring to late-summer thanks to its collection of vibrant perennials.
• Floral Arbors: Rose, Malus & Wisteria.
• Grade II listed mansion: the ground floor is open to the public and is a venue for exhibitions and events.
• Wonderful traditional tearooms that serve a variety of hot and cold drinks, homemade lunches, afternoon tea, and homemade cakes.
How long should I allow for a visit?
2 to 3 hours
When is the best time to visit Aberglasney Gardens?
Best between April and October but can be visited any time of year.
Opening Times 2021: Please visit website for latest information.
- Street: Aberglasney Gardens
- Postcode: SA32 8QH
- City: Llangathen
- County: Carmarthenshire
- Country: United Kingdom
- Telephone: 01558 668998
HOTELS AND PLACES TO STAY NEAR TO GARDEN
If you want find places to stay near Aberglasney Gardens, why not stay in one of our recommended hotels. Each hotel has genuine guest reviews enabling you to book from anywhere in the world in total confidence. Look now for hotels near Aberglasney Gardens - click here.