Borde Hill Garden, near Haywards Heath
Borde Hill garden is a great place to visit at any time of the year see why
What can we see at Borde Hill Gardens?
- Splendid in every season, Borde Hill Garden in the beautiful county of Sussex is situated in 200 acres of listed parkland and woodland. Many of the plants originate from the Himalayas, China and the Andes, and date back to the 1900’s.
- In the Rose Garden there are over 100 types of rose in a beautiful display of colour and variety, and there’s plenty more to see in The Potting Shed and The Garden of Allah. The roses come alive in June and give displays throughout the summer.
- Rhododendrons, camellias and magnolias. The Grade II* listed Borde Hill House stands statuesquely in the centre of the Main Garden: it's a Elizabethan house set in 17 acres of formal gardens. From April to June there are great displays of Rhododendrons, Magnolias and Camellias. There is also an Azalea Ring which has amazing colours.
- Formal Gardens - The formal gardens are distinctive ‘rooms’, all blossoming at different seasons giving great displays throughout the year. The Italian Garden has a large pool with stunning views over the parkland.
- Champion Trees - Borde Hill is a great place for tree lovers with over 80 champion trees and spectacular colour displays in Autumn.
2021 When are Borde Hill Gardens open and what are the facilities?
Borde Hill garden - Opening times 2021. Disabled access, refreshment. Picnic area, children's play area. Cafe. Restaurant.
Are Borde Hill gardens Dog Friendly?
The gardens are dog friendly on leads
Are there other gardens nearby?
See our Gardens in Sussex page for many more beautiful gardens
Borde Hill is now open for pre-booked small groups as well as individuals, in line with the latest government guidelines. Small groups can pre-book a 45 minute tour of the Garden with an experienced guided followed by a cream tea
- Street: Borde Hill Garden, Balcombe Road
- Postcode: RH16 1XP
- City: Haywards Heath
- County: Sussex
- Telephone: 01444 450326
HOTELS AND PLACES TO STAY NEAR TO GARDEN
If you want to take a break near Borde Hill garden, why not stay in one of our recommended hotels. Each hotel has genuine guest reviews enabling you to book from anywhere in the world in total confidence. Borde Hill hotels